Introducing the second Version of the new 48″ DNP Linear Motion Motorized Camera Slider designed for time-lapse photography which also may be used for video** applications. This product adds smooth motion to your time-lapse and video** projects.
It is easy to change motors. Simply loosen the motor mount with an allen wrench and then move the pulley to the new motor. Install motor in motor mount. Rotate motor to adjust belt tension and tighten Allen screw on motor mount. It will work with most 37 mm diameter motors with a 6 mm shaft. This slider will work with cameras ranging from medium format, DSLR’s, Go Pro and point-and-shoot cameras. The Slider is hand-built and tested before shipment. ( See sample video at bottom of post)
1 Slider and Controller In Stock!
1. 1 48” 8020 inc. series 10 3010 extruded rail
3. 1 pulley assembly with mounting hardware
4. 1 motor mount assembly with mounting hardware
5. 1 sliding dolly assembly with mounting hardware
6. 1 belt assembly with mounting hardware
7. 1 DNP motor Controller
8. 1 RCA patch cable
9. 1 User manual
10. 1 Allen wrench set
11. 2 – 2 leg bracket with 2 adjustable screw legs each with thumbscrews knobs
12. The slider includes two motors, one 1 rpm, one 20 rpm
13. 2 required 1 amp fuses and one spare 1 amp fuse
Note: (Cameras, ball heads, video heads and tripods NOT included).
Note: Other motors available by special request and special order. Please contact me for more information.
Slider and Motor Specifications
• Overall length 48 inches
• Slider and motor is 10 pounds
• Camera slider travel is 40 inches
• Built on the 8020, Inc. Series 10 3010 extruded rail and nylon bearings for smooth travel
• Removable 4 legged stand with adjustable feet for stability on most surfaces
• 3 tripod mounts each are ¼- 20 thread; located on the bottom of slider at each end and the middle
• 3/8” ball head mount with ½” spacer for easy ball head mount and operation on travel dolly
• 1 3-12volt 1 RPM motor – variable speed travel from 20 minutes full travel* to 45 minutes* full travel.
• 1 3-12volt 20 RPM motor – travel from 60 seconds full travel* to 10 minutes* full travel
*Times are approximate and may vary with camera weight and battery voltage. Variable speeds require a motor controller.
**Video with sound may require a remote microphone to reduce noise generated by the camera slider motor.
This 12 volt motor controller is variable, continuous speed and reversible. It is self-contained with battery and RCA output connector. Simply use the RCA audio patch cable (included) to connect controller to motor. This motor controller is ideal for other DIY projects. It will be compatible with many future DNP projects, like a motorized camera pan head, motorized barn door star tracking head for Astro Widefield photography. (See Figure 1 Below)
Motor Controller Specifications
• 12volt Variable speed reversible pulse width modulating motor controller module.
o This controller produces full 12 volt variable pulse modulation which produces better power at lower speeds.
• Casil CA1212 12v-1.2ah Sealed Lead Acid Battery which will work for hours on a single charge. (NONSPILLABLE BATTERY)
• 12volt 300 mA battery charger
• Charging LED indicator light
• Power switch with LED
• Variable speed potentiometer
• On/Off/On direction switch
• Two 1 amp short circuit protected fuses for both Input and output
Shipping is by UPS Ground only within continental US because of the sealed lead acid battery (included in the motor controller). Your shipment will be delivered in 2 boxes; one for the slider and the other for the controller and hardware/accessories.
Please feel free to contact me, Doug Niedermiller, with any of your questions
Sample Video below
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/Owb9V9G863o?list=UU_Hob3gLgRZ_KoEt5XSDchA” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
The slider and controller come with a one year warranty from the date of your purchase. The timing belt and motors have a 30 day warranty from date of your purchase.
I will build a slider to your specifications please Contact Me for a quote.
Underside of the rail and Dolly
Adjustable Leg Assembly Attached
Motor Mount Assembly with 20 RPM Motor
Motor Mount Assembly with 20 RPM Motor