8/27/2014 Now Building 2 more DNP Linear Motion Motorized Camera Slider for Timelapse Photography! will be available for sale in the next week or so.
Introducing the new DNP linear motion motorized camera slider. Design for time-lapse photography. Also may be used for video** applications. Adds smooth motion to your time-lapse and video** projects. This slider includes 2 motors 1 1rpm and 1 15rpm and one motor controller (see below). Easy change motor. Simply loosen the motor mount with an Allen wrench and move pulley to the new motor. Install motor in motor mount. Rotate motor to adjust belt tension and tighten Allen screw on motor mount. Will work with most 37 mm diameter motors with a 6 mm shaft. This slider will work with cameras ranging from medium format, DSLR’s, go Pro and point-and-shoot Cameras. The slider is hand-built and tested before shipment. included is 1 slider with motor mount timing belt and pulleys, 2 3-12v motors and 1 motor controller
Note: (Cameras, ball heads, video heads and tripods NOT included).
Slider and motor specifications
- Overall length 44 inches
- 8 lbs Slider and motor
- Camera travel 31 inches
- built on the DryLin W1080 Linear Guide Camera Slider for smooth travel.
- Removable 4 and 3-legged stand with adjustable ball feet for stability on most surfaces***
- 3 tripod ¼- 20 thread mounts on bottom of slider.(Each end and middle)
- 3/8” ball head mount with ½” spacer for easy ball head mount and operation on travel Dolly.
- 1 3-12volt 1 RPM motor = travel from 16 minute* full travel to 28 minute* full travel.
- 1 3-12volt 15 RPM motor = travel from 50 seconds* to 2.5 minutes* full travel.
- RCA patch cable
- Operating Instructions
Other motors available by special request and special order please contact me for more information.
*Times are approximate and may vary with camera weight and battery voltage. Variable speeds require a motor controller.
**Video with sound May require a remote microphone to reduce noise generated by the camera slider motor.
*** Used the 3-legged stand as shown in photograph for level ground shooting. used 4-legged for uneven ground to prevent tipping.
This 12volt motor controller is variable continuous speed and reversible. It is self-contained with battery and RCA output connector. Simply use an RCA audio patch cable (supplied) to connect controller to motor. This motor controller is ideal for other do it your self projects. Along with future projects like a motorized camera pan head. Motorized barn door star tracking head for Astro Widefield photography.
Motor controller specifications.
- 12volt Variable speed reversible pulse width modulating motor controller module. Meaning this controller produces fill 12 V pulsed through the entire variable speeds. This produces better power at lower speeds.
- Casil CA1212 12v-1.2ah Sealed Lead Acid Battery. Will work for hours and hours. (NONSPILLABLE BATTERY)
- 12volt 300 mA battery charger.
- Charging LED indicator light.
- Power switch with LED.
- Variable speed potentiometer.
- On/Off/On direction switch.
- 1 amp fuse protected both Input and Output
One year warranty on slider and Motor Controller. Simply return the whole unit or defective part and I will repair or replace it free of charge. Damage due to miscues will void the warranty. 30 day warranty on timing belt and motor. 14 day return policy with full refund after item is returned as received. Refunds will be made to your PayPal account.
Shipping is by UPS ground only to US customers only because of the sealed lead acid NONSPILLABLE BATTERY included in the motor controller.
Please feel free to contact me with any of your questions and thank you for your interest in the new DNP Linear Motion Motorized Camera Slider for Timelapse Photography.